Thursday, July 29, 2010

1k-a-day Day 29

Day 28 word count: 1343
SS current word count:

LI current word count:
WS current word count:

SOMT - 1343


We're down to the wire with 1k! Exciting stuff. ;) I wrote a scene for Second Skin and then realized I HAD to save it for the third book, Skin of My Teeth. It's now in a file with a bunch of notes, bits of scenes, bits of dialogue, etc - I have no idea how many words I actually have for that book. I'm still plotting through the SS ender. I want to end on a cliffhanger, but give enough resolution that the novel can stand alone. Sooooo tough to do. Enjoy the last few days and the giveaways!


Day 28 word count:
878

Parlor current word count: 28,693

WD current word count:
Dream current word count: 2,212

I didn't hit 1k yesterday, but I got a LOT done. I edited/rewrote 2 chapters and also had a slight character development change. Overall, I'm not super happy with the two chapters, but I think they improved. I'm moving on tomorrow with a few more chapters, and will return to the two I did today when I start on draft 3. It was a good day, I felt confident in my writing and also found a new coffee/tea/gelato place which was friendly and homey. They even have rocking chairs! Too awesome.

Great giveaways by Tracy yesterday! Congrats to the winner. :) Look for more giveaways as 1k-a-day comes to an end in the new few days. Good luck everyone!

1 comment:

Bidisha said...

Word Count: 0
I know, I'm pathetic. But I'm getting so tired after college I haven't been able to write. So I've only been reading, and I've read some fantastic books of late (espc. Dreaming of Amelia).

G'luck you two! Looks like exciting things are happening :D

Also, Tracy, I resent the email to the right address (yeah, the last one failed). Hope this one reaches!