Monday, July 19, 2010

1k-a-day Day 19

Day 18 word count: 497
SS current word count: 60 050

LI current word count:
WS current word count:

I was halfway through my 1k when the sunshine got to me. I ended up weeding the garden (our potatoes, lettuce and cucumbers are doing great!), getting the plastic kid pool out for the dogs and watching their antics most of the afternoon. Then - of course - I had a mean case of sunstroke. Cause, why would I wear a hat? Why would I hydrate with water? It's been so long since we had a cloudless, sunny day, I apparently forgot the basics. My evening was spent nursing a headache, watching episodes of Reaper (season 1) and laying on the couch.

Anywho - I plan to stay inside today and write. Good luck to us all on this fine Monday morning!


Day 18 word count: 1,212
Parlor current word count: 19,306
The dream book: 1,212
WD current word count:

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I woke up on Sunday morning with a dream so vivid it felt as if I had lived it. I told my husband about it right away and the first thing he said, "I think you have your next book." As if I needed another one! So, I used my 1k on Sunday for writing my dream down. I still have a bit to go, because while I wrote, I got more ideas but it's a start. We then spent the evening at On the Border for happy hour, drinking margaritas and talking over the story ideas again. I forgot how fun a new story can be! I'm really excited about it, and hope it makes me want to finish Parlor even faster. We'll see where the dream leads me, but right now it leads me to my 1k-a-day. Don't you love when that happens?

2 comments:

Tammy Blackwell said...

And I'm back! Due to some family medical drama, I ended up spending the first half of July camped out at the hospital where beeping heart monitors and upside-down wallpaper make writing a virtual impossibility. So, I'm a tad bit behind on my 1kaday goal. Like...ummm....15,215 words behind. *sigh* Oh well, at least I have 2,785 words I didn't have at the beginning of the month, right? Now, let's see if I can get back on track!

Tami Klockau said...

Aww, :::hug::: I hope everything is better now! Welcome back :) Also, there is no such thing as "behind" in 1k-a-day. As long as you just try and write 1k each day, you'll be fine. You can join in at any time.