Sunday, July 18, 2010

1k-a-day Day 18



Day 17 word count: 2447
SS current word count: 59 553

LI current word count:
WS current word count:
I smoked through my 1k and continued onward. I really thought I was going to make 3k, but alas, Reaper season 1 caused a distraction. And then we went to see Inception (which for some reason - seriously not Freudian, I have 3 fur kids and that is IT! - I keep wanting to call Conception...lol...) Other than painting a few panels on our fence, there is nothing in my way of aiming for 3k today.
Congrats to Mary! Graceling looks like a wonderful read.


Day 17 word count: 0
Parlor current word count: 19,306
WD current word count:

I feel shame. :( I didn't write yesterday because it was too hot and we had to cram in a bunch of stuff before wasting away in the heat (it was over 100 degrees today and we don't have A/C). Not a good excuse, but that's all I've got. It's only the second day of writing nothing for 1k-a-day so not too shabby. That being said, I need to hit it hard tomorrow. I have a busy week coming up where it will be hard to find time to write.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and congrats again to Mary. We will be giving away more books next week, so stick with us. There are a bunch of great ones still on the giveaway list that Tracy and I need to purge from our collection so we can make room for new books!

4 comments:

Bidisha said...

I feel so, so good today. 1000 words in!

Anonymous said...

Awe, it's okay you didn't write ! A goal is a goal, and since you're doing this everyday, stay motivated ! I'm not able to write that much, but you know! I'm still happy I'm taking part in this :D

~Alison

Tracy Belsher said...

Congrats on the 1k, Bee - you done good. ;)

Alison's right, Tam, you've kicked butt with the challenge this month...don't stress, each day is a new opportunity (oh boy, I sound like my mother...)

Tami Klockau said...

Great job, Bee!

Thanks Alison and Tracy! It makes me feel better when people say it's not a big deal I miss one day. Since I now write full time, I feel so guilty when I don't do something each day! We all need our creative breaks though, right?