Thursday, July 9, 2009

1k-a-day Day 9


I hope Day 1 of week 2 treated you all as kindly as it treated me. Don't forget, we announce the two winners for week 1 tomorrow!

Tami's day 8 word count:
1,115
Tami's July word count: 8,794
Overall word count: 2,136 (this is for my new, new WIP. working title right now is Worst Days.)
Cups of coffee drank: 2
Music: Rent soundtrack and a little MJ (what can I say..I'm nostalgic)
Mindset: Not only am I so happy to have cold food in my house again (the fridge came today at 8am! WOOT!) but I got my word count done before leaving work. You see, I'm writing this at 6:45 on Day 8, not midnight like I have been the past few nights. That means I have a FREE night ahead of me (after I go to the market and replace all my food). I don't know what to do with myself!


How'd week 2, day 1 go for you Tracy? Get a chance to read any of your new books?

-------------------------------------
OMG, Tami! It's like we pulled a Freaky Friday - our writing days have been reversed! Bizarre.


Tracy's day 8 word count: LI: 1026, WS: 1213
Tracy's July word count: 12 491
Overall word count: LI now: 35 623, WS now: 12 909
Cups of coffee drank: Lots. My cups runeth over (unfortunately, not ALL my cups do. Ha!)
Music: None. It was late when I actually sat down to write last night and I was being super strict with myself - no music distractions for me (sometimes I burst into song and forget to write).
Mindset: Yesterday was a day of planning and plotting. I started writing after 9pm - which is completely against type, since I usually go to bed at 9:07pm (That's right. 9. 0. 7. I'm a morning person and a creature of habbit - I usually get up to write at 5am). The house was quiet, the dogs had crashed, my hubbie was busy watching season 4 of Entourage (despite the T&A - that's one witty show) - and I managed to meet my goal! Took me until after midnight, but I did it. Now, did I sleep in this morning? Nope. Me and the dogs were up at 5 as usual. Sigh, I'm predictable, eh?

Okay, my friends, I know your own writing dogs are barking at your heals - spurring you ever onward....so write, write, write!

4 comments:

Leona said...

My day eight went well, I lost the use of my laptop at six pm. There are days that would be a catastrophe but not yesterday :)

I reworte (as in erase no take backs) over 600 words from the 7nth day as I found a major plot issue and had to erase and throw out the entire scene. Can we say UGH (at least I found it before an editor or agent LOL)

Still, even with that issue, I managed to do over a thousand new words (BTW I edit as I go, rereading what was done previously to help with flow, so I'm constantly erasing/adding to prior scenes. When I don't read and find the previous flow I end up with days like yesterday. Having to rewrite/erase large chunks of my manuscript,)

July 8, 2009
WOF: 34,842, BT: 16,150, New 150
WOF: 36,068, BT: 16,150, New 150

My total for yesterday is 1,226.

Usually, unless I'm lucky, I'm writing between 10pm and midnight so my day got turned around yesterday, also!

Anonymous said...

Week 2 /Day 2 = 2069

Awkward Librarian said...

My day 8 didn't go so hot, it was long and I was tired so I only got in 660. However, today I was off of work and I managed to make up yesterdays lack with 1690 today. My total word count on this project is now 14674.

Lori A. May said...

Ooops! I forgot to post my day's word count earlier, so here I am, better late than never.

Day 9 word count = 1,023
Total July word count = 10,340

Boy it feels good to cross that 10K mark. Phew.

Best of luck to all for the rest of the week!

Lori A. May
http://loriamay.blogspot.com
www.loriamay.com
http://twitter.com/loriamay