Tuesday, July 7, 2009

1k-a-day Day 7

Okay everyone! Today is the big day. Don't forget to post your weekly word count by 11:59PM PDT TOMORROW NIGHT, July 8 to be entered into this week's free books contest. We'll be giving a book to the top TWO word counts this week because YOU GUYS ROCK. Here are the books up for grabs this week. Winners get to choose!

Have a great day everyone! I look forward to seeing the amazing counts for week 1!


Tami's day 6 word count:
2,442
Tami's July word count: 6,521
Overall word count: Lost and Found has been all over the place in word count. Especially today. It was torn down and rebuilt (or the ending was). It's current word count is at 65,256 but I had it down to almost 62,000 something at one point today. Lots of cutting and pasting.
Cups of coffee drank: 2 and a ton of pink lemonade. Trying to drink it before it goes bad in our non-existent fridge. Man I can't wait until the new one is here on Wednesday!
Music: Eels Electric Shock Blues album on repeat for about 7 hours today.
Mindset: Today I had no choice but to dive in on cuts/edits/revisions. These were based on my husband's notes from this weekend. He finished Lost and Found and I want to finish it early this week. I felt like I was putting together a 1,000 piece puzzle but couldn't see all the pieces at the same time. I think I finally have it set. Writing new stuff for this book is easy. I've been working on it for over a year now and the character's voices just speak to me. I just need to write a few quick scenes and then read the ending over to make sure it all fits in place. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.


How'd it go up in your neck of the woods, Tracy?

-------------------------------------

Tracy's day 6 word count: Big fat zero
Tracy's July word count:
Overall word count:
Cups of coffee drank:
Music:
Mindset/Excuse: We decided to do a trip into the city for some power shopping, then dinner with my sister and her hubbie - and I didn't write a blessed thing. We should be back home later this afternoon though and I HOPE I can make up for lost time. I did purchase a few YA titles that look promising: Ghost Girl (adore the presentation and was surprised to be hooked when I read the first page, Hottie (love the trailer for this - and while the cover is a bit hoaky - I decided to give it a shot) and Audrey, Wait. (Tami, you read Audrey, Wait - right?)

Okay, people - we've got to keep this thing going. Good luck today!





6 comments:

Tami Klockau said...

OOoo, good choices. Let me know how the first two are. I read Audrey, Wait and ADORED IT! You're going to LOVE it!

Your zero word count makes me feel better about my Sunday word count. :)

Leona said...

July 6, 2009
WOF: 32,925, BT: 16,123, New:150
WOF: 33,726, BT:16,123, New: 150
I ran out of time last night (fell asleep over the laptop) Will post again tonight for todays word count, along with the weekly :)
801 words for yesterday.

Selestial said...

I made just over 1k again today.

It brought my total words in July to 6773. Not quite the 7k it should be, but I really need to get to bed tonight. Hopefully I'll make up the words one of these days.

Awkward Librarian said...

Thank you for this challenge. I was slowly overcoming my "I can't do this" on my own, but this made me power through. And I learned something about myself today. Though I know a lot about my characters and where they are going and how they are going to get there, the way for me to actually write about it is to finish a scene one night, and the next morning think about it and ask myself all day, "What happens next?"
Then come home and write that down. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Hooray!

Today's "Protection" WC is 1271.
Starting WC was 11053
Ending total for "Protection" is 12324!
Total for the week/month of July is 7707! Earlier I kept having all the 8s going on, but it seems fitting I have this count for 7/7.

Lori A. May said...

Well, I wrote more than a thousand words on a non-fiction project today, but that's not what I am counting toward my July 1K challenge. I'm just counting my YA fiction project, so here we go.

Here are my numbers for Day 7.

Today's word count = 1,068
Total July word count = 8,297

Here's hoping Weds is all about fiction for me!

Good work, fellow writers.

Lori A. May
http://loriamay.blogspot.com
www.loriamay.com
http://twitter.com/loriamay

Leona said...

WOF: 33,726, BT: 16,123, New: 150
WOF: 34,842, BT: 16,150, New 150

Start for July
Winds of fire: 29,585, Blood Traitors: 13,078, New: 0

Totals for week one 5,257 + 3,072 + 150 + 8,479

Somebody check my math, I'm an author and artist not a mathematician LOL