Friday, July 31, 2009

1k-a day- Day 31


Wow, the last day of 1k-a-day! Unreal. The time went by so quickly, and unfortunately, I didn't write as much as I wanted to due to my vacation in the middle of the month. I hope you all hit goals you wanted to achieve and had fun doing it! We enjoyed having you all here enjoying the month with us.

Please don't forget to post your week 4 word count, as well as your overall July word count by the end of Sunday, August 2nd. We will be giving books away to the winners for each. The books available are posted here!


Tami's day 30 word count: 1,016
Tami's day 31 word count: Will post later today
Tami's July word count: 18,612
Overall word count: 8,133 (Worst Days)
Cups of coffee drank: 2
Music: nothing actually
Mindset: I'm sad to see 1k-a-day go. I hope to take a little time off and do research for August, but then I have two stories that I'm stoked to continue. I used to be against working heavily on two projects at the same time, but through this month I've found that it gives me a nice balance. The stories are so different from each other (one is a fantasy based YA, the other a contemporary YA), I'm able to keep them straight. It seems because of their differences, I find that if I'm not in the mood to work on one, I am the other. Even though I only wrote 18,612 words, I feel like I've gained so much from 1k-a-day this time! I can't wait to do it again in November. I hope you all join us to win more free books! In the meantime, Tracy and I will be continuing our regular posts on Monday and Friday, with occasional book club posts on Wednesday. Please stick around and comment when you want to! We love hearing/reading feedback!

So Tracy, we're at the end. How did you feel regarding your overall 1k-a-day experience?
_____

Whoot! Tami, we made it!! ;)

Tracy's day 30 word count: WS: 1003, Losing It: nadda
Tracy's day 31 word count: 0 -sister's coming to visit tonight and we're finishing up our bathroom reno - it's safe to say I won't be writing today.
Tracy's July word count: 33 585
Overall word count: LI now: 45 082, WS now: 25 556
Cups of coffee drank: Man, over the past month I had WAYYYY too much coffee.
Music: I love that I discovered new tunes during 1k!
Mindset: Accomplished. I'm pretty stoked about our summer 1k challenge. While it was easier for me to get the word counts in (as I'm off work for July), I still struggled with writing time vs. projects around the house, the wonderful weather, afternoon naps, etc. I learned that having all the time in the world can nix your motivation and spawn a seriously evil procrastination habit. If we do this again next summer, we might want to limit it to 2 weeks instead of the full month, as participants started to drop off about then - it is summer after all. ;)
Thanks for hanging with us! Keep writing!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow-where did July go? Week four is all about revisions and editing so I'm guestimating my word count-sorry 'bout that! Um...um...yeah, never was very good with math. I'm gonna say that I didn't even get close to 1,000 words a day.

Guesstimated word count for week 4: 3,000

Lots cut, bunch added. But not 1k-a-day.

Thanks for doing this, ladies, it's been fun! I'll post my July word count by Sun.

Have a great weekend!

Leona said...

Thank you so much for your contest! It really helped me. I plan to keep making it my goal in the future! I am currently in Roswell, New Mexico, at a hotel with internet, and I can finally write in! I didn't get much more done, but I'm thrilled to see the others' word count. You've also inspired me to write a YA novel, I'm still working through logistics a bit. Will probably write later for good titles for the two different punk types you described earlier. I'm wanting do something along those lines.

Thanks again for doing this contest!! Good luck everyone for the winner!

Leona

Tracy Belsher said...

Hey Leona, that's great news. YA books are the bestest. ;) Keep us posted on your progress.

You too, Mary!