Thursday, July 30, 2009

1k-a-day Day 30

Tami's day 29 word count: 853
Tami's July word count: 17,596
Overall word count: 7,110 (Parlor)
Cups of coffee drank: 2
Music: random songs from my ipod
Mindset: Today was a crazy/hectic day at work. The kind that frazzles you to no end. ::sigh:: I barely got words in and didn't hit 1k.My creativity is waning on Parlor and I think I need to take August to sit back and research. I feel like I'm explaining it, not telling it. Does that make any sense?

I think I caught your struggles, Tracy! Hope you had a better day. I know you can work out Losing It and it will ROCK!

_____


Tracy's day 29 word count: LI: 355, WS: nadda
Tracy's July word count: 32 582
Overall word count: LI now:45 082
Cups of coffee drank: Lots and lots and it didn't help that we were renovating and the water was shut off for a few hours - nuking cold coffee just isn't right.
Music: 80's tunes
Mindset: Very Debbie Travis. I managed to write a wee bit in the morning before we started in on a bathroom reno. We replaced the vanity, toilet, sink and floor. Whew. Today we spackle, sand, and paint for a brilliant 2 day finish on a major john update. Will I write? Hmm....hard to say...lol....but I hope to fit in an hour at least. Did I mention we still have to paint the freaking fence?! Ugh.
Alright people, time to reno your writing: gut it, sandblast those cliches, spackle-fill those plot holes, and find new ways to make your reader say....man, I wanna have a prolonged bathroom reading adventure with this book! Okay, maybe not....but you know what I'm going for.

No comments: