Friday, July 16, 2010

1k-a-day Day 16


Day 15 word count: 1585
SS current word count: 55 954

LI current word count:
WS current word count:
Wow, I can't believe we're half way through July and our 1k challenge. I'm going to crank it up a notch and be "meaner" with myself. I need to start on my other projects as well as SS.

I did some work at our local cafe, Beantrees - such a hip little place - then finished up later in the evening during yet another thunder/rain storm (sorry, Tami - might be jinxing you again). The light show helped me add some "atmosphere" to a scene (even though it's set in the fall). You gotta use what's around you, ya know? ;)
Since my cat, Vegas, is a bit sickly, looks like the city trip is being delayed. Therefore - I have no excuse. The writing must come first for the next two weeks. Oh boy, things are about to get a bit crazy around here. No more afternoon snoozies. No more second breakfasts either. BRING IT 1K!

Day 15 word count: 1,322
Parlor current word count: 17,813
WD current word count:

Wow, is today really Friday??? That means it's Book Giveaway 3 (not including the surprise ARC this week, which I will be announcing the winner of today).

For me, it was hump day for the month yesterday. Knowing we're half way done was hard for me. I couldn't concentrate, though I think the hot weather and cold pool outside didn't help. Add in a thunder storm and rain (I think you jinxed San Diego, Tracy) and it wasn't a great day. I got my words done, but I was on the computer all day and it was like pulling teeth. I was hoping the words would come easy and I would have a breakthrough. I guess the days where you hope that happens usually doesn't bring results. Here's to hoping Friday is my lucky day! I'm going to visit my nieces today, so hopefully I can get the words in early.

Good luck everyone. Just like last week, all you have to do is have your word count in once this week between last Friday and today at 9pm PDT. I will be announcing the book later today, when I give away the ARC of Crazy Beautiful.

No comments: