Friday, November 14, 2008

1k-a-day Day 14

Hold fast, my friends, Day 14 is upon us. I had to share a few lines from one of my favourite writing books, Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life by Anne Lamott.

"You need to trust yourself, especially on a first draft...Don't look at your feet to see if you are doing it right. Just dance."

So let's boogie people!

Tracy's Day 13 WC: 1090

Tracy's over all WC: 14, 599

Mindset: This morning, when I took the dogs out to do their thing, the wind and the snow reminded me why I love hiding out in the house with my laptop. I think this evening will be warm and fuzzy and productive.

Tracy's Day 14 WC: 1409

Tami-licious how's that cold? You managing to write, kiddo?

________

4 comments:

Denise Jaden said...

I'm going out for the night and I really want one of those books, so I better update this now :)

Today's total word count:4212

Total word counts for this week:
WIP:9788 (total 46,693)
NEW:15,547 (total 29,371)
Grand Total: 25,335

I'm very excited about my progress on both books. Mid week was hard but I pushed through and I'm glad. It's starting to feel right again.

Tracy Belsher said...

I think you might just get one, Denise. :)

Soooo....thanks to another laptop lunch in the staff room I managed to write my 1k.

I sure hope my YA edgy friend, Tami is feeling better. :(

Shonell Bacon said...

Had a dismal word count Friday...:-(

Today's word count: 766
Overall word count: 35,880

Shonell Bacon said...

Here's my Week Two Word Total: 16,682