Wednesday, August 4, 2010

1k-a-day Grand Prize Winner!

Sorry for the delay in posting this, but Blogger didn't like me yesterday morning and I had a concert in the evening an hour and a half away from where I live. Needless to say, I was a little frazzled.

Before I announce the winner, I wanted to thank everyone for participating in 1k-a-day. Tracy and I had a great time (as always) and I hope you did too. Please leave comments (or you can email us) anything that you can think of to make 1k-a-day even better next time. We try to hold it at least once a year (sometimes twice) and would appreciate any feedback you may have.

Here again is a breakdown of items included in the prize packs:


















From Tracy:

- signed copy of UMS
- Class of 2k10 bookmark
- UMS postcard
- UMS character card
- UMS ribbon and cross bookmark - based on Eryn's necklace






















From Tami:

-Beautiful Darkness bracelet
-Twilight-themed playing cards
-A Dexter (the TV Show) pin and lanyard
- Losing Faith by Denise Jaden bookmark
-How it ends by Laura Wiess
-The China Garden by Liz Berry
-Tattoo by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
-An amigurumi crochet cupcake (not shown. Winner can pick the color of "icing" if you want since I will have to specially make this item.)


I wrote down each person that participated in 1k-a-day and then numbered them going down the list from 1-7. I then used a random number generator to selected the winner, which came up #4.

And the winner is.....


MISS TAMMY!!!

Congrats! Please mail your address to YAedge AT yahoo DOT com, as well as what color icing you'd like for your cupcake amigurumi (I pretty much have every color yarn)! Remember, your package will be coming in two parts, one from me and one from Tracy.

Thanks again to everyone. I hope you join us for the next 1k-a-day challenge.

YAedge will begin our regularly scheduled blogging starting next week. Please come back and join us as we talk about writing, reading and great YA books!

7 comments:

Leona said...

Congrats Miss Tammy. I am foaming at the mouth jealous happy for you (especially the Judith Graves one. I wanted to stack the deck, but couldn't figure out how LOL) :D What color would you like your bookmark?

Bee, you too. Anyone who participated gets one. Tami, you haven't said yet, either, unless I missed it. :D

Tammy Blackwell said...

Grrr... I wrote a whole long thing and then Blogger kicked me out.

So, what was I saying?

I usually use any books/swag I can get my hands on as prizes for my YA program, but I'm seriously considering keeping some of these for ME. (Hey, I wrote the words, right? I should get to keep *something* for me, right?)

As for color, purple reigns surpreme at the Marshall County Public Library. (Because that's the color of Toodee, our mascot. That's him in my profile pict. Isn't he cute?)

Thanks for doing this guys! Not just for the cool swag, but for the push to get some writing done in July. You'll be getting my mailing address shortly!

Tami Klockau said...

Any color is great for me, Leona! I love all colors but yellow and orange.

Miss Tammy, awesome! Congrats again! Purple is perfect. :) I have two different purples, a lighter and darker but I think I'll use the lighter since Todee is purple, or maybe a darker purple will look cool! hmm...lol

Yes, you did write the words so you deserve it!

Bidisha said...

Congrats, Miss Tammy! This was a great gift pack to win :D

Leona, I can do with any colour. Send me your favourite. You are amazing.

And Tami and Tracy, I loved this month. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Miss Tammy !

And thank you very much for holding this event ! It was really funn and it got me to write XD

~Alison

Tami Klockau said...

Thanks for all of the kind words. I'm so happy you guys had a great time this month. It makes all of the work worthwhile. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Miss Tammy!