In light of our April title selection for the YAedge Book Club, A.S. King's, The Dust of 100 Dogs - I thought we could play a bit of fill-in-the-quote with lines from my favourite pirate movie (based on a book), The Princess Bride.
Rob Reiner's 1987 film lives on - kids at my elementary school TODAY can quote lines from this awesome flick. The book's author, William Goldman, also wrote the screenplay. Adventure. Comedy. Romance. The book, the film has it all.
Okay, my pirate-loving friends, fill in the blanks - no prize for this one, but maybe you won't have to walk the plank:
1. As ____ _______ was all he ever said to her.
2. When I was your age ______________ was called books.
3. Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. ___ _______ __ ______. ________ __ ___.
4. _____ cannot stop true love. It can only delay it for awhile.
5. No more rhyming now, I mean it. Anybody ____ _ ______?
6. People in _____ cannot be trusted.
7. I spent the last few years building up __ _________ to iocan powder.
8. Life is ____, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
What? Still not enough to soothe your inner pirate? Then check out these guys who started Talk Like A Pirate Day.