Monday, March 2, 2009

So Long Futon!


There comes a time in everyone’s life when they realize they are growing up. I had my moment this weekend when my husband and I finally decided we should invest in some REAL living room furniture. AKA rid ourselves of our futons.

We’re not collage kids living in our first apartment anymore. Kraft Dinner is no longer a staple of our diet (although we still whip up a box now and then…ALTHOUGH recently KD has undergone some weird formula change – any one else notice that?? I’m not liking it so much.). We both have jobs, and for the first time in 15 years, we don’t live out of our overdraft each month.

We’re going leather couch and a few leather recliners. It’s time. Ironically we do have a leather couch already – but it is located in our front room where our dogs spend their days while we’re at work, and since there’s no TV in there, we never use it. The photo is of my chocolate lab, Higgins, enjoying his grown up couch.

Alas, while I thank you for the ease on our pocket books, our kinked necks after watching movies all night, and your clunky wooden frames that I always cracked my shins on…my dear futon couches – this is it.

I bid you adieu. May you find a new home at our garage sale this spring.

Now when I curl up on the couch to read March’s YAedge Book Club selection, Evermore, I’ll be in seated bliss!

1 comment:

Tami Klockau said...

LOL, I hear ya, Tracy. We felt like that when we got "real" living room furniture and got rid of the mismatched Ikea crap. Now it looks like adults live in our house! ;)