Friday, February 27, 2009

I'm pleased to present...YAedge Book Club!

Last weekend I was reading a great YA book, Dust of 100 Dogs by A.S. King. As I got deeper into the story, I thought, ‘wow, I would love to talk to a group of YA readers about this book.’ Then it came to me…there is a way! With the help of Tracy and our critique group, we came up with the idea of starting a YAedge Monthly Book Club. I wasn’t sure how the response would be, but after twittering about it, I realized people out there love the idea as much as I do!

Hence the beginning of the YAedge Book Club. We will be launching a new blog linked from YAedge on Sunday, March 1. Each month, readers can vote on the future edgy YA book from a small poll. We’ll invite everyone to read the book and discuss the story, characters, writing and cover art in a constructive manner. Comments can be posted at any time on the blog, yet please no spoilers until the final discussion we will hold at the end of the month. I will be marking the final discussion with a spoiler tag mark. Throughout the month, we’ll also try to interview the author of the selected book.

Without further ado, I’d like to announce the first book in the YAedge Book Club…Evermore by Alyson Noel!

To participate, get your hands on a copy of Evermore at your local library, online, or better yet, your local independent bookseller. Then start the discussion! I can’t wait to chat with all of you about Evermore, the first book in the Immortals series!

Is there anything you’d like to see on the YAedge Book Club blog each month?

1 comment:

HeatherMarie said...

Sounds great! I've been wanting to read Evermore so what a perfect reason to do so. :)