Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Class of 2k10 and the Latest Crusade: An update on our progress

Things are really coming along in our group of around 24 debut authors gearing up to launch our books with the Class of 2k10. Under my pen name, Judith Graves, I have a debut YA novel coming out on March 27, 2010 and was able to join this incredible author collective. We have our theme: Book Your Getaway. Our website is under construction We have a blog committee, a conference committee, one for swag and marketing.

What an exciting, hectic, crazy, emotional time this is for each author balancing the needs of 2k10 with their own writing/author promotions…oh yeah, and the rest of their lives. Their families. Their day jobs.

It’s getting to the point that I almost need a committee to help me decide what to wear in the morning. Okay, it’s not that bad, but I am appreciating the beauty of multiple opinions and fresh perspectives. Kinda how I imagine the alien in Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull felt when he reunited with his 12 other selves. Oddly enough, Indiana had some influence over us when we created our theme. His love of the written word, his adventures and imagination.

While I can’t blather on and give away all our surprises. I can reveal our logo. If you look back at the class program, ever present is the little “stick dude” serving as a mascot. We knew we had to rework the little guy to fit our theme and thankfully a talented artist stepped in to save the day. Here he is all his Indiana Jones inspired glory…




Whatcha think? I’ll post more details as our 2k10 adventure continues.

1 comment:

Tami Klockau said...

Congrats Tracy. Didn't even know you had a release date!