During the holidays, I had 11 days off from work. I tried to stay busy writing and relaxing. My husband and I had a chance to take a trip to Las Vegas to unwind. Man, do I love Vegas. I realize now, during those 11 days off, why I do not have children, nor am I fit to take care of my two cats or myself...kinda. Below are the things that opened my eyes to the fact:
- Looking at my Christmas list (yes, I still make a list) and the gifts I received, they resembled Christmas for a 16 year old, not a 29 year old. It included 2 CDs, a video game (Animal Crossing: City Folk for the Wii. This game freaking rocks! Any AC fans out there?), three books (two of them YA books), an external 250 gig hard drive (for my iTunes library), a package of 2 new iSkins Slims (I love these...I have the Claro case for my iPod Classic and it works fab if you're in the market for something like this), a slipcase for my new Macbook and a Moleskine journal (if you haven't tried a Moleskine and you're as addicted to journals/notebooks as I am, it's a must).
- I run home every night, despite my busy schedule, to play Animal Crossing so I can water my turnip. I mean, come on, it's worth 16,000 bells!
- While in Vegas, I bought a few things: An Uglydoll, a Harry Potter beanie (toque to our Canadian friends) and a new pair of Converse that are white with small black polka dots and red ladybugs.
- One of the hotel rooms we stayed in while in Vegas had two bathrooms. Yes, that's right...TWO BATHROOMS. My husband and I used both at the same time...just because we could. I had a huge urge to jump on the bed and do cartwheels in the center of the floor, giggling the whole time.
- I had a candle burning on the coffee table the other day. One of the cats, always curious, went up to smell it and got too close. She proceeded to singe an eyebrow off and is now lopsided. I don't know if this makes me a really bad kitty parent, or makes her a really stupid cat. Sadly, she's the smart one out of our two "kids".
- I don't think I took a shower/changed out of my pjs before noon the whole time I was off of work.
- When I looked in my refrigerator on Christmas, I realized we still had a turkey leg stuck in the back from Thanksgiving. It was really sad looking...and gray.