Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I have the dubious honor of making the first official post in our blog. So, hello out there.

This is my introductory post. So that means I have to talk about myself. I apologize if I bore you. 

My name is Tess Sharpe, I'm a native Californian who can't seem to leave the state. I am a stage managing, costume sewing, set-painting, shakespeare reading, acting and directing theatre geek. 

And I write books, which is primarily what will be talked about in this blog.

I aim to make my characters as realistic as possible in the world that they are living in. I like to be as truthful as I can get. Even when it's uncomfortable.

I tend to write about subjects that either piss me off or confuse the heck out of me. My liberal political beliefs do play a large part in my writing, because I write a lot about gay characters and their struggles. 

I usually stay in the real world for my settings, though I love to read fantasy and magical realism and someday hope to have the courage to venture into those waters.

In MY real world, I spend a lot of time pacing up and down the aisles of the theatre, watching rehearsal or performances with my head-set picking up the police scanner and having things like "SUSPECT IS MOVING DOWN CYPRESS" blaring in my ear, making me jump. I also find time to read an excessive amount, waitress on occasion, sleep, do a little yoga, and hopefully write something each day. 

3 comments:

Tami Klockau said...

Awesome post Tess. Thanks for being the first. :)

The Compulsive Reader said...

Cool post...you guys have an interesting blog so far, and I love your layout!

TCR
thecompulsivereader.blogspot.com

Tracy Belsher said...

Great post Tess - now we're popped!